The duration and fees of the training of PhD students:
1. Regular form of training - three years – 4500 Euros
2. Part-time training - four years – in Bulgarian – 1500 Euros, in English – 2500 Euros
3. Individual form of training - three years – in Bulgarian – 1500 Euros, in English – 2500 Euros
To apply for a Doctoral degree in NSA ‘Vassil Levski’, the applicants which are from universities in other countries, have to submit the following documents for recognition of their foreign diploma(s):
1. Application form for recognition of higher education acquired in a foreign university;
2. The original and 1 copy of the Diploma of higher education – Bachelor’s and Master’s degree. (If there are any supplements, they also should be presented and translated). The diploma of the applicant must be translated into Bulgarian language and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria under their Rules of legalization;
3. The original and a copy of the High school diploma (including supplements) - translated into Bulgarian language and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria under their Rules of legalization;
4. Medical document, stating that the person is clinically healthy (translated into Bulgarian language);
5. Document for payment of an administrative fee of ˆ 30 and fee for examination and recognition of documents - ˆ 80; (The fees should be paid at the cash register of the NSA “Vassil Levski”, 2nd floor or at the bank account of the Academy with the following bank details:
Account holder’s name: National Sports Academy ‘Vassil Levski’
SWIFT: BNBG BGSF
Address: Sofia 1700, Studentski grad
Candidates for training in Doctoral degree stated choice of language training at the time of submission of application documents.
Upon selection of Bulgarian language training candidates who are foreign citizens or persons with Bulgarian or dual nationality residing outside the country for more than 10 years at the time of application, submit proof of proficiency in Bulgarian language issued by competent educational institutions; exam must be passed within six months at the time of application.
For English learning candidates - Bulgarian or foreign citizens submit a document for English language issued by the competent educational institutions; The exam must be passed within two years at the time of application.