Educational-qualification degrees: Bachelor, Master
There are over 20 defended doctor’s dissertations and at the moment there are full-time and post-graduate students who are trained to acquire the doctor’s degree. There are defended doctor’s dissertations for the “Doctor of Science” degree in the area of kinesitherapy.
In 1947 on initiative of Dr. Mateev starts a new specialized training to yje Higher school of physical culture (now NSA “Vasil Levski) and a new department is established with teacher Dr. N.Mancheva. The first methodic staff of remedial gymnastics (now kinesitherapeutists) graduates in 1953 and along with them the new remedial gymnastics cabinets to the healthcare system are opened.
In 1954 is founded the Republican scientific section of the specialists of remedial gymnastics to the Scientific society of sport medicine.
On 1955 the Association of the Bulgarian Kinesitherapeutists and Rehabilitators becomes a member of the World Confederation of the Physical Therapeutists.
Now there are two specialized kinesitherapy departments to the “Kinesitherapy, sport animation and tourism” faculty – “Theory and methods of kinesitherapy” and “Kinesitherapy and rehabilitation”.
10 teachers read lectures and conduct exercises on the following subjects of the bachelor’s program:
- General theory, methods and resources of kinesitherapy
- Functional and formal diagnostics of the locomotory system
- Orthopaedy and traumatology
- Kinesitherapy for traumas and locomotory system troubles
Master’s program in kinesitherapy
- The teachers from the “Kinesitherapy, sport animation and tourism” faculty conduct basis and elective modules for specialization in kinesitherapy of traumas and locomotory system troubles, manual therapy, sport kinesitherapy, geriatric kinesitherapy and others.
- Scientific advises for diploma projects and post-graduate students in the area of kinesitherapy.
- Courses for improving the staff’s qualification.
Research work in the areas of kinesitherapy of traumas and locomotory system troubles, manual therapy, sport kinesitherapy, geriatric kinesitherapy and others.
Participation with scientific reports and lectures in scientific forums here and abroad.